Friday, August 14, 2015

Perkel Kiddush

As was mentioned in this week's email, the Perkels will be moving to Baltimore this week. The kiddush this Shabbos is sponsored in their honor, and in honor of the 20 years of friendship they have given to our shul and community.  

It saddens me that I will not be there at the Kiddush. We are at a family event in Baltimore and there is no way for me to be in both places at once.  But please be certain that I am with you in spirit, and I will miss Chanan and Bobbi tremendously.  

Chanan and I have gotten to know each other very well these past years.  Most of you may not know this, but Chanan is quite the aficionado of politics and history. (As am I.)  He used to tend more to one party, and now tends a bit towards the other one. I won't tell you which is which, as I do not want to betray any confidences.  His experiences and insights in this area have illuminated many areas of learning.  As am I.  He and Bobbi have been avid listeners of my drashos and shiurim, and they have always shown respect for Torah and Mitzvos, and have given much care and attention to HJC over the years.  

I will miss them both terribly, although my repeated trips to Baltimore will ensure that I will still see them on a somewhat regular basis.  I wish them a safe trip, enjoyment of and nachas from their grandchildren,  and many years of good health.

Good Shabbos  
Rabbi Davidovich

No comments: